0.5.0 was a complete refactoring to use libsidx - a C API for libspatialindex.
The code is now ctypes over libsidx, and a number of new features are now
available as a result of this refactoring.
- ability to store pickles within the index (clustered index)
- ability to use custom extension names for disk-based indexes
- ability to modify many index parameters at instantiation time
- storage of point data reduced by a factor of 4
- bulk loading of indexes at instantiation time
- ability to quickly return the bounds of the entire index
- ability to return the bounds of index entries
- much better windows support
- libspatialindex 1.4.0 required.